EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/19/19 LAST UPDATED: 5/19/19
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on Site.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences, and reminder and notification preferences
- Survey responses, if you participate in one of our surveys
- Message text, if you talk to one of our chat bots
- As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, time and date of visit, browser type, referring/exit pages and operating system. We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We may use this information to:
- Recommend products you may be interested in purchasing
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send you reminders about your habits
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
We may share the information collected from or about you in the following ways:
- With Our Affiliates. We may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions on our behalf. This includes, but may not be limited to, service providers that host or operate the our Site or services; payment processors; analyze data; provide customer service; postal or delivery services, and sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer any promotions
- Other Third Parties. Your information may also be shared with our sponsors, partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information. Your information may also be shared with third parties we identify at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
- Business Transfers. In the event that another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Site or our services, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties. Finally, information described in this paragraph may also be disclosed for due diligence purposes in connection with any proposed transaction of the sorts described in this paragraph.
- Legal Disclosures; Safety. We may transfer and disclose your information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce our Terms of Service or other applicable policies; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, users of the our Site, the Company, or the public.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information. We may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
Third Party Websites
Information You Provide Through Social Media
You may also be given the option to link to your Facebook or other social media accounts through the our Site or the services provided therein. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information from you based upon your privacy settings on those sites. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
You may choose to stop receiving any marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our website is used.
Targeted Advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual's web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. Third parties collect this information by placing or accessing cookies in your browser when you visit this, or other, websites. If you would like to learn more about the third party advertisers that may be aware of the fact that you visit this website, and to understand your choices about having such advertisers' cookies turned off, please visit www.networkadvertising.org.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Offspring Beauty Co. is not an entity that is covered by HIPAA. The HIPAA privacy rules apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”) and their service providers (“business associates”). This means that the information that you provide to us is not protected by the HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
A Note to Users Outside of the United States